1200 staff from creative agencies in Australia completed the survey conducted by The Agency Circle.
Here’s some of the topline findings, averaged out across all participating agencies:
The industry skews young and caucasian, senior roles skew male, account services skews female, creatives skew male, HR/finance/admin roles skew female and tech roles skew male.
- The industry is 85% caucasian, 15% non-caucasian, 6% Asian and just one Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander completed the survey
- 53% female, 46% male, 1% other
- CEO/MD roles were 84% male, 16% female
- Creative and design roles are 71% male, 29% female
- Account management roles are 64% female, 36% male
- 45% of the respondents were under 30, 30% were in their 30s and less than 20% were over 40